as sure as the sun will rise
and chase away the night
His mercy will not end,
-ellie holcomb
This morning, I'm thankful that the Lord is steadfast. His love for me does not change and it is unwavering. He's the solid rock upon which I can stand even when I feel like the weight of the world will cause me to crumble into a million little pieces. He's certain and sure, even when I'm not sure where I put my car keys.
The sunrise always reminds me of His mercy and that pain doesn't last forever. When I look at a sunrise, I see hope. I see that morning overpowers the darkness and I cling to that.
I don't know what my rambling will mean this morning, but know if you are going through a difficult season, if you feel like your sin is so heavy and weighty that you don't know how you will escape it, know, beloved, that morning will come. He gives more grace and He is ready to forgive you. The Lord is greater than sin. He overcame sin by sending His only son to die on the cross for a broken world and a broken people who should be on their way to hell. Through the blood of Christ we can be absolutely certain that He is greater than our mistakes, faults, and failures. We are going to stumble, struggle, and fight war with our flesh and with everything else in this life. But morning always reminds me that His mercies never end and we aren't consumed.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.
-Lamentations 3:22-26
---------------------------------
The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him;
-Daniel 9:9
-------------------------------
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance of the riches of God's grace.
-Ephesians 1:7
-------------------------------

No comments:
Post a Comment